…but you’re still not getting my money.
For most of this decade, I have bemoaned how the Republicans in Washington had lost their way. They’d forgotten the principles that had gotten them elected, mainly small and limited government.
As a result, I became one of the many unenthused conservative voters in 2006 and 2008. The RNC warned me that I still needed to vote and support Republican candidates because “the Democrats are worse”.
I believed they were probably right, but how much worse could they be? I couldn’t keep on rewarding bad behavior.
29 days into the Barack Obama (D-USA) administration I know the answer, and it’s worse than I ever imagined. Worse than I ever thought possible.
- A 3.27 trillion dollar economic stimulus package that doesn’t stimulate the economy.
- A White House that seems completely inept, especially concerning Cabinet picks (see Richardson, Daschle, Geithner, Gregg et al.)
- The Dow Jones in freefall.
- The economic state, once thought to be bottoming, is worsening once again.
- Quite possibly, the most corrupt Congress in history (see Murtha, Rangel, Frank, Dodd, Burris)
- A White House Chief of Staff that appears ready to set new standards for corruption in the White House.
29 days into the Obama administration, and already I long for the days of 2004 with Bush and the Republican Congress.
Ok, RNC, I’m sorry I doubted you. The Democrats are far worse. And I now reserve the right to say “tax and spend Democrats” for the rest of my life without worry about the common reprisal of “Republicans can not criticize on fiscal discipline”.